With IP at the heart of broadcasting’s future, codecs are increasingly the gateways of content assimilation and distribution
Ferncast has launched the Mini category of its Audio Codec Servers. ACS combine the 24/7 aixtream COMPACT software and the flexibility and full scalability of server installation with the convenience of traditional hardware boxes. The Mini products are distinguishable by their small size and flexible power.
Ferncast says seven new products are now available, designed for seven fields of application:
- Multi-codec streaming box for OTT online streaming.
- SIP call box for SIP communication.
- STL audio linker for studio transmitter links.
- Podcast processor box for audio on demand.
- DVB codec and muxer for DVB multiplexing.
- Loudness processor box.
- Audio transcoder box.
Key features of the Mini include:
- Power for multiple audio applications.
- Expandable applications after initial purchase with expansion packages.
- AES67 and other inputs via USB, including analog, AES/EBU, MADI and Dante.
- Compact form for easy logistics and portability.
- Quick access to the user interface with QR code scan.
- The modern and intuitive aixtream user interface.
According to the company, the Mini is the handy, small size, low power consumption choice among its Audio Codec Servers. It is small enough to be easily transported but still allows up to 10 mono, stereo or multichannel programs. While the Mini itself does not come equipped with any classical audio interfaces, it still supports I/O besides AES67 and Ravenna via third-party USB audio interfaces. Six USB ports ensure the operator can connect all audio interfaces and peripherals they require.
All the Mini boxes are globally available, and Ferncast will present them at the IBC2022 in Amsterdam, stand 8F89.