To celebrate UNESCO’s World Radio Day on Feb. 13, the World Radio Alliance and egta, the association of TV and radio advertising sales houses, will release a slide deck providing seven reasons why radio is an effective medium for brand building. According to WRA, the compelling insights and argumentation, often forgotten by marketers, are backed by data and research from around the globe.
The slide deck showcases the following seven points:
- Radio stands out as a trusted medium that fosters companionship and connection with listeners.
- Radio establishes deep emotional connections with its audience, leaving a lasting impact on brand perception.
- Radio drives attention, nurturing brand memory and recall, thereby enhancing overall brand performance.
- Radio empowers creative storytelling and ignites listeners’ imagination.
- Sonic branding carves a distinctive identity in the auditory landscape, making the brand more memorable in the listener’s mind.
- Radio’s unique capabilities extend beyond traditional 30-second spots, offering opportunities for creative and original brand experiences.
- Radio seamlessly amplifies other advertising channels. A cross-media marketing strategy amplifies brand awareness and recognition.
Thierry Mars, radio director for egta, said, “Radio fosters companionship, triggers emotions and captures the listener’s attention effectively. It is an ideal partner for marketers aiming to connect with a huge potential audience and build their brands in a safe and trustworthy environment.”
Lucy Barret, client director for Radiocentre UK, said, “Radio is often only thought of as an activation medium, best for getting tactical messages to air quickly and building frequency. However, the high reach of radio combined with its mood-enhancing effect on listeners and the fact it can be easily accessed and listened to, accompanying a wide range of listening occasions, means that it can play a broader and more ambitious role for brands, especially brand-building. And this is proven the world over.”
WRA and egta will release the slide deck on Feb. 13 to be used on the same day.