The organizers of Podcast Day 24 have announced the first speakers in a “stellar lineup of podcast stars.”
Podcast Day 24 is a unique event in the podcasting calendar. It comprises three in-person conferences — in Sydney, London and New York — on the same day, bringing together broadcasters, publishers, platforms and technology companies. It is backed by the people behind Radiodays Europe, Radiodays Asia, the British Podcast Awards, the Australian Podcast Awards and Haymarket Media Group.
This year’s event is on October 4.
The first speakers in Sydney include the following:
- Alexandra Hearth, editor, DJ and host of the Hot Girls Podcast
- Tash Walker and Shivani Dave, co-producers of The Log Books podcast
- Marc Fennell of the chart-topping hit ABC/CBC podcast Stuff the British Stole
- Scott Stephens, ABC’s religion and ethics editor and the co-host with Waleed Aly of The Minefield on ABC Radio National
- Alec Renehan (co-founder) and Sascha Kelly (head of production) from Equity Mates
- Corey Layton, head of digital audio, ARN’s iHeartPodcast Network Australia
- Henrik Isaksson, managing director of Acast Australia and New Zealand
- ABC’s product manager Alex Bilbie-Clarke and Scott Spark, the network’s content discovery and strategy manager.
Speakers in New York include:
- Tom Webster and his new partner Bryan Barletta at Sounds Profitable
- John Rosso, CEO of Triton Digital
Plus, Eric Nuzum from Magnificent Noise will make a guest appearance.
Peter Niegel of Podcast Day 24 and Radiodays Europe said, “We can’t wait to join together the podcast communities across the world for another 24-hour event. This year we are pleased to announce that each event will be in-person. This is really going to be special as we have had to wait to hold Podcast Day 24 as an event where we can once again bring podcasters together. Worldwide, the lineup will be special with exciting surprises for everyone!”
You can register for Podcast 24 here.