Brussels-based jingle house Brandy created a new jingle package for Media One Group's LFM in Lausanne, Switzerland
AM/FM radio still rules the vehicle interior, according to new DTS consumer survey data from car owners and car leasers in the United States. The survey, conducted in December 2022, was through an online panel with 2,909 respondents. According to the study, AM/FM radio is where consumers go for their number one entertainment choice: music, which the majority rank as ‘essential’ to their driving experience.
AM/FM radio is also where most go for their second most popular in-vehicle entertainment choice: local news and information. According to DTS, this is especially important because consumers are not giving up their vehicles any time soon.
Here are some key findings from the research:
- AM/FM Radio is the most used feature in-vehicle, far outpacing satellite radio and Apple CarPlay — 72% use AM/FM radio versus 14% using Apple CarPlay.
- Of those who listen to audio in the car, 81% say music is primarily what they listen to.
- 89% say listening to music is essential to the driving experience.
- Of those who listen to music in the car, 70% source it from AM/FM radio.
- 87% get local news and information from AM/FM Radio.
You can found more outcomes from the survey here.