With IP at the heart of broadcasting’s future, codecs are increasingly the gateways of content assimilation and distribution
The organizers of World Radio Day are inviting everyone in the industry to recognize and reinforce the power of radio on Feb. 13.
As part of the global celebration, egta has put together a list of 13 key arguments around how radio boosts business, with facts and figures supporting radio as a medium and an advertising platform. The group prepared a slideshow to illustrate these points, using data from Europe and the United States.
- REACH and LISTENING: Reach and time spent listening are as strong as ever. Radio allows brands to reach millions of people on a daily basis.
- TARGETABILITY: Radio targets the right people at the right time with the right content.
- MULTIPLATFORM and MOBILE: Audio is everywhere and radio is the most mobile medium. With additional touchpoints and formats brought by digital audio, radio becomes even more ubiquitous.
- COMPANIONSHIP: Radio is a hands-free, eyes-free medium present in unique moments throughout the day.
- ENGAGEMENT: Radio brings communities together to inform and entertain. Radios develop a strong relationship with listeners, enabling advertisers to engage them in an intimate and personal setting.
- MULTIPLIER: Radio has a unique campaign multiplier effect in the media mix.
- ACTIVATION and ROI: Radio drives immediate activation and generates strong ROI — a perfect match for call-to-action campaigns getting tactical messages to air quickly and building frequency.
- BRAND BUILDER: Radio helps brands to grow — the high reach of radio combined with its mood-enhancing effect on listeners brings brand-building messages across.
- DIGITAL BOOSTER: Radio drives traffic, search and e-commerce.
- RECOVERY DRIVER: Brands that advertise on radio in times of crisis — win.
- CREATIVITY, FLEXIBILITY & AGILITY: Audio offers creative and effective solutions at an affordable production cost. Its flexibility and agility enables to quickly adapt and air a spot.
- TRUST and SAFETY: Radio is a trusted source of information — even more in times of crisis. Radio offers premium content, ad fraud- and bots-free environment.
- INNOVATION: Audio innovations in ad tech and data create new and exciting opportunities for marketers.
“Radio’s unique marketing power caters for both call-to-action and brand-building campaigns,” said Laurent Bliaut, deputy general director of Marketing and R&D for TF1 Pub and egta president. “Just as TV does, radio amplifies other media, particularly search and online formats, while digital audio is growing fast, and innovations in ad tech and data create new and exciting opportunities in the media mix.”
The organization has also created a website to focus on World Radio Day and its message. Explore it here.