Monthly subscriptions are approximately €4.95
The organizers of Radiodays Europe have lined up a remarkable list of more than 140 speakers for over 65 sessions across a packed four tracks, for the three days, May 15-17, in Malmö, Sweden.
RedTech is an official media partner, and given the intensity and scope of the program, it’s challenging to identify any highlights, here are a few events we have our eyes on:
- Radiodays Europe Women, an hour-long session on Sunday, May 15, from 11 a.m. to midday, that will feature speakers addressing various issues relating to women in the media. The organizers are encouraging women in European media to take part in their anonymous survey ahead of the event.
- The Next Gen Youth Summit on Sunday, May 15, that will focus on reaching out to younger audiences and developing the talents of young broadcasters, and how a struggling youth station reinvented itself.
- Sunday night welcome drinks with RCS, because networking is a critical part of Radiodays Europe, and it’s always better with a glass of wine.
- Building the best audio app – design, functionality, monetization and all the other issues to consider, on Monday, May 16, from 10:15 a.m. to 10:55 a.m.
- The Audio Summit – top-level executives speaking on how they see the future of the audio sector, on Monday, May 16, from 11:15 a.m. to 11:55 a.m.
- AI, data and audio: A winning combination – how radio stations can embrace artificial intelligence (AI) and data technologies, on Monday, May 16, from 11:15 a.m. to 11:55 a.m.
- Grant Blackley of Southern Cross Austereo speaking on the media group’s transition from radio to a digital audio powerhouse, on Monday, May 16, from 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- From inclusion to journalism – how Radio Sweden ensures diversity in recruitment and programming, on Tuesday, May 17, from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Digital strategy on audio apps – designing an audio app is one thing, making it part of a station’s strategy is another, on Tuesday, May 17, from 9:05 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- The World of Connected Cars with Xperi – exploring the world of connected cars and the impact on broadcast radio, on Tuesday, May 17, from 11:05 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- Who is listening to what? With Tom Watson of Edison Research – an explanation of global listening trends, on Tuesday, May 17, from 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.