Day 4 of RadioWeek looked at the opportunities data provides broadcasters
This announcement relates to all ruby frame types, including table-top, counter-sunk, and counter-sunk short versions, as well as the following modules and spare parts:
- 954/31, key.24
- 954/41-50, ruby blind plate, spare part
- 954/45, ruby fader module, spare part
- 954/50, ruby central module, spare part
- 954/55, ruby ½ monitoring module, spare part
- 954/62-50, ruby hand rest 2ME, spare part
- 954/84, ruby frame 4ME, spare part
This announcement does not affect the Power Core IP Audio I/O and DSP Node.
Lawo says that despite stopping production of the ruby console, its service team will continue to support all ruby installations after Jan. 31, 2023, based on the final software release. However, it warns it will only be able to service ruby models using components still in stock.
The company launched the ruby console in 2017, and the combination of ruby and Power Core was its first native Ravenna/AES67 and software-controlled offering. Lawo says that the diamond, its IP-native modular broadcast console, is ruby’s product alternative and successor.