Australian audio technology company Rode has announced the release of what it calls “a completely new beast”: the RodeCaster Pro II, an integrated production studio for audio content creators, including podcasters and musicians.
It is indeed a powerful, and colorful, “beast.” It boasts a high-performance quad-core engine and bright, customizable “smart” pads for a total of 64 on-the-fly voice effects like reverb, echo and pitch, sound effects, music beds, samples or jingles, or to send MIDI commands to external software and activate automated mixer actions like fade-ins and fade-outs.
For those relatively new to audio production, Rode explains that it has programmed the RodeCaster Pro II to allow “easy setup with professionally tailored presets and its intuitive VoxLab processing editor.”
The product’s range of features include:
- Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamps (-131.5 dBV EIN, 76dB gain).
- Four high-quality Neutrik combo inputs for connecting microphones, instruments and line-level devices.
- Nine individually assignable channels with six broadcast-quality physical faders and three virtual faders.
- Studio-grade Aphex audio processing and onboard effects.
- Dual USB-C interfaces for connecting two computers or mobile devices.
- Advanced Bluetooth connectivity for high-quality phone call integration.
- Multitrack or stereo recording to a microSD card, USB storage device or computer.
- Four high-power headphone outputs and balanced ¼-inch line outputs.
- 5.5-inch high-definition touchscreen with haptic feedback and rotary encoder for easy navigation and control.
The RodeCaster Pro II is available for pre-order.